Patient Transport Services
Information for Patients
Patient Transport Services (PTS) can be used to access Dorset Musculoskeletal (MSK) Services.
To be entitled to patient transport services, a patient has to meet the criteria. They will be assessed for their eligibility.
Please call 0300 777 5555 to find out if you are eligible.
Open Monday to Friday, 8am until 6pm.
In summary, you are entitled to patient transport if:
- Travelling by any other means would have a serious detrimental effect on the patient’s condition or recovery.
- The patient has restricted mobility and is unable to self-mobilise (ie is unable to stand or walk more than a few steps). This includes a pre-existing condition or where it would be detrimental to their condition or recovery to travel by any other means.
- The patient requires support from a qualified PTS crew during the journey and is required to lie down for at least part of the journey or they are a stretcher patient.
- The patient is being transferred to another NHS facility and requires medical assistance during the journey.
- The patient requires continuous oxygen or other medical gases or intravenous support.
- The patient has clearly recognised disabilities and is genuinely unable to travel by private or public transport to and from their appointments.
Please see this downloadable leaflet which outlines eligibility for PTS - and also shows when you are not eligible. If you find that you do not fit the criteria there are still other options available to assist you in reaching your appointment.
The Dorset Patient Transport Bureau (PTB) will be able to direct you to alternative methods of public and volunteer transport. If you are on a low income, you may be eligible for financial help from the Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme. Please call 0300 330 1343.