Clinical Director for Children, Young People and Families, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
Fancy becoming a clinical director?
Play a lead role in developing a culture which encourages innovation and learning, in this brand new role. Provide strategic and operational leadership as part of the Medical Leadership Team, work closely with the Deputy Medical Directors and Associate Director of Nursing, Quality & Therapies, and alongside the Service Director and Head of Nursing, to clinically lead service improvement within Children, Young People and Families, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities, as part of Trust-wide transformation.
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional Clinical Director to play a lead role in developing our culture which encourages innovation and learning, at all levels, supporting and delivering the Trust’s objectives. You will provide operational clinical leadership as part of both the Operational and Medical Leadership Teams.
Being highly organised and collaborative, you’ll work closely with the Service Director and Head of Nursing, and alongside the Deputy Medical and Nursing Directors, to clinically lead service improvement within Children, Young People and Families, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities, as part of Trust-wide transformation.
We are at an exciting phase in our organisation’s planned transformation, and we want you to be part of the clinical leadership team that shapes and implements our Trust’s Clinical strategy and vision, in this new Clinical Director role.
This post is one of two key Clinical leaders who will join the Operational and Medical Leadership Team at Dorset HealthCare, having operational, management and leadership responsibilities for all Trust services, and will be responsible for:
- Quality in clinical care delivery, ensuring that regulatory and statutory standards are achieved
- Contribute to and lead the development of new care pathways within the directorate as developed and specified by the Trust or any commissioning body (for example ICS, provider collaborative, network alliance etc)
- The development of directorate strategic plans in partnership with the Service Director and in line with overall Trust strategy
- Ensuring clinical engagement, taking responsibility for clinical governance, clinical safety and risk management
- Taking a commercial and business approach to services, in partnership with the Service Director, which recognises and adapts to the needs of our service users
- Providing clinical leadership, support and advice to managers and staff
- Supporting the delivery of consistently high quality, responsive and cost-effective services
This is a 2½ to 3-day a week (5-6 PAs) position with the opportunity for the post holder to additionally hold a Clinical role within Dorset HealthCare. The successful candidate will be expected to spend some time at Trust Headquarters in Poole to support teams and services, with opportunities to work from home or other locations as required.
Chief Operating Officer / Deputy CEO: Kris Dominy
Executive Medical Director: Prof. Faisil Sethi
To apply for this role, please complete our application form via Trac here.
If you would like a pre application conversation with one of our key stakeholders or to arrange an information visit, please contact Debbie Ambrose (Executive Assistant to Kris Dominy) via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01202 277163.