As a Foundation Trust, Dorset HealthCare is able to give local people more say in the Trust's services by having Members.
Anyone over the age of 11 years is welcome to join us as a Member, giving them the opportunity to influence the decisions we make and allowing us to strengthen our links with the local community.
We are dedicated to making sure our Members are able to be as involved as they want to be, and we want our membership to grow. The more people become Members, the better we are able to:
- Hear and respond to the voice of local people
- Grow our links with local communities
- Consult with local people about future developments
- Raise awareness about a wide range of health issues.
Membership is free and it takes just a few minutes to complete our membership form and join us. You can either sign up online using the form below, or complete a printed form when visiting one of our services (if you can't find one, just ask) – and It's no problem if you want to become a Member of more than one Foundation Trust.
Benefits of becoming a Member
You can do as little or as much as you would like as a Member, but will be able to:
- Have a say in what we do and help shape our future plans
- Receive great discounts through the shopping website Health Service Discounts
- Receive regular information and hear about what we are doing in our membership e-newsletter
- Come along to member events, including our Annual Members' Meeting each autumn
- Elect the Council of Governors to represent your views
- Stand for election as a Governor of Dorset HealthCare when vacancies arise.
Online Membership Application Form
To request a printed form, please call us on FREEPHONE 0808 100 3318. You can send your completed forms to:
4-6 Nuffield Road
Poole BH17 0RB
We publish a quarterly newsletter filled with the latest news and information about the Trust for our Members.
What has been your experience of Dorset HealthCare services during the COVID-19 lockdown?
We are keen to learn if our patients and service users have had the support they required during the pandemic, and how we can improve services.
Please fill in this short form and let us have your thoughts.