What school nursing provides
- health screening and assessments
- healthy eating, weight management and physical activity advice
- parenting advice
- emotional health & well-being support
- bed-wetting (enuresis) clinics
- hearing tests
- parent/carer/school staff drop-in sessions (primary schools only)
- 1:1 appointments with young people
- referrals and/or signposting to other services
- ChatHealth text messaging service
- NCMP growth measurements in Yr R and Yr 6
- training for school staff to deal with emergency epilepsy and allergic reactions
- support around safeguarding/child protection issues.
The parent/carer/school staff drop-in is an open access confidential service in schools, for children in year groups R – 6, where appropriate. It is an opportunity to ‘drop-in’ without an appointment, to discuss any aspect of your child’s health or wellbeing with a member of the team.
Drop-ins are advertised by schools but you can ask at the school office or contact us directly. We need to have parental consent to see children in year 6 and below. We also offer parents/carers/ school staff the opportunity of support, virtually, via Attend Anywhere, please contact the team to book an appointment.
Children in year 7 and above can ask to see a member of the team, to discuss any concerns confidentially and they can also contact ChatHealth.
The ChatHealth telephone number for children and young people aged 11-19 years old to text is 07480 635511. Further information can be found here.