Booking non-emergency patient transport
Despite some changes in provider being made from 1 July, people are being advised that they should continue to book non-emergency patient transport services (NEPTS) as normal.
Anyone wishing to book transport should continue to call the Patient Transport Advice Centre on 01278 727457.
When making the phone call please have available the following information:
- name and address
- date of birth
- telephone number
- NHS number
- GP details
- details of treatment
- the hospital or clinic you are attending
- time, date and expected duration of the appointment
- department and consultant details
- type of appointment (outpatient, day case, discharge etc.).
If you don’t know your NHS number, you can find it on your appointment letter, or you can ask your GP surgery or a health professional who is treating. Alternatively, you can find you NHS number on the NHS website.
Patients registered with a GP practice in Dorset may be eligible for patient transport assistance if you:
- are currently unable to use a car, public or community transport
- need skilled help to leave your home
- will require extra support on your journey.
For further information please visit the NEPTS page on the NHS Dorset website.