When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
You can manage these small files yourself through your browser setting.
We use the following cookies on our website –
Cookie: Google Analytics
Name: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, GAPS, LSID, LSOSID, OTZ
Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. These cookies may also be identified as originating from dorsethealthcare.nhs.uk More information about Google cookies.
Embedded content and third party cookies
We want to provide interesting and engaging content on our website. On a number of pages we use ‘plug ins’ or embedded media. For example, we embed YouTube videos in many pages. We also provide links to share content with popular social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
The suppliers of these services may also set cookies on your device when you visit the pages where we have used this type of content. These are known as ‘third-party’ cookies. Third party cookies are delivered on behalf of their respective organisations and as such they may change their name and purpose from the cookies identified below, this is beyond the control of Dorset HealhCare.
Name: PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, use_hitbox
Purpose: To track visitor views, and to remember user preferences when viewing YouTube videos embedded in our website web pages. More information about YouTube cookies.
Name: guest_id, remember_checked, remember_checked_on, secure_sessions, twll
Purpose: To track visitor information and for security authentication. More information about Twitter cookies.
Name: csrftoken, L1e, visit, PHPSESSID
Purpose: To track visitor information and for security authentication. More information about LinkedIn cookies.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookie...
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your machine as well as more general information about cookies.