Research & Development
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust is committed to making research part of everything we do. Our aim is to give everyone who uses our services, their carers and families and our staff the chance to find out about research they could participate in.
We conduct research into the areas of care we deliver which include Mental Health, Depression, Dementia, Stroke rehabilitation, as well as support research practitioners and students within Dorset HealthCare.
Research is used to help us understand how to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. By comparing existing treatments and looking at new ones, we can make sure we are providing the best advice and treatments to our patients.
- That all of our patients have the opportunity to participate in research
- To be a leader in the development and delivery of research in integrated healthcare
- To involve patients and carers in the development and delivery of research within the Trust
- To expand the range of areas within the Trust involved in research to include clinical and non-clinical
- To use research findings, our own and those of others, in our everyday practice to improve care and treatment for patients and carers
- Develop our own practitioner researchers within Dorset HealthCare
Research in Dorset HealthCare is managed by the Research and Development (R&D) team located at 11 Shelley Road, Boscombe, and can be contacted on email@example.com or on 01202 443024.
Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professionals Research Resources available via the Healthtalk link
It is a requirement of NHS Trusts to make information on clinical trials publicly available. There are government targets set for both the initiating and delivering of clinical trials. Performance data for Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust can be found in this section.
How rapidly the first participant is involved in a trial after the trial has been submitted for approval, for all types of trial regardless of funder. The Government-set target is 70 days and there must be valid reasons for any trial exceeding this.
- Initiating Performance Q2 2019-20
- Initiating Performance Q1 2019-20
- Initiating Performance Q4 2018-19
- Initiating Performance Q3 2018-19
How we are doing at involving people in our current trials with commercial sponsors and how many of our trials have involved the full number of participants we said they would, within the time we said they would.
- Delivering Performance Q2 2019-20
- Delivering Performance Q1 2019-20
- Delivering Performance Q4 2018-19
- Delivering Performance Q3 2018-19
This document sets out Dorset HealthCare’s commitment to R&D activity and the roles and responsibilities of the different stakeholders in the Trust. This document will be reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis.