Volunteers - Application Form
We are looking for friendly, kind, caring and positive volunteers to help us, especially during this busy time.
Our current volunteering roles include:
- 'Helping Hands' volunteer - based in one of our community hospitals, you could be involved in befriending patients - spending time chatting and listening, supporting with mealtimes, recreational activities such as reading and playing games or helping the staff on the ward. Our community hospital are based in Blandford, Bridport, Swanage, Weymouth, Sherborne, Shaftesbury, Poole and Wimborne.
- Chaplaincy team - offering kindness to patients during their hospital admission, also their carers, friends and family. Spend time talking and listening providing emotional, social, spiritual and multi-faith support.
- Gardening volunteer - a healthy activity whilst helping to keep our gardens across our sites beautiful and veg patches thriving. You will be engaging with other volunteers or helping patients to enjoy the outside space.
- 'Meet and Greet' volunteer - based at our Shelley Road site in Boscombe. At this site, our audiology service run patient facing appointments and clinics and needs 'meet and greet' volunteers to help direct people to the right place in the building and to reassure patients coming to attend appointments who may be feeling vulnerable and overwhelmed.
- League of Friends volunteer - this is a fundraising role to support our community hospitals to provide many amenities for patients and staff that are not covered by the NHS. This can be done through running a local shop or supporting at a variety of fundraising events.
If you think you can help and support us, please complete the form below and we will respond to you.