Find local bereavement support
Experiencing bereavement is difficult at any time but it may be particularly traumatic during the COVID-19 pandemic. There is a wealth of support available to you, and we have put together details of support services ranging from emotional support and peer support to practical advice and guidance.
Advice and guidance
- BCP Council
- Dorset Council
- Bereavement Advice Centre
- UK Government advice
- British Psychological Society
- Cruse - 0808 808 1677
- National Bereavement Partnership - 0800 448 0800
- Funeral directors also offer bereavement support services
Children and families
- Mosaic - 01258 837071
- Winston's Wish - 08088 020 021
- Hope Again - 0808 808 1677
- Child Bereavement UK – 0800 02 888 40
- The Compassionate Friends - 0345 123 2304
- Simon Says - 02380 647550
Other resources and support
Mental health crisis
Bereavement by suicide
If you're not sure what you might find helpful, Dorset Open Door can help. As a partnership of healthcare organisations and charities, they'll explore your options with you and link you with the right service.
You can call 01305 361 361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4.30pm.