Please be advised that all Audiology appointments are cancelled for the time being, we will be contacting all patients. If you need help or advice please call us on 0300 303 8640 or email at email@example.comWe apologise for any inconvenience.
We provide services for adults and children who are affected by hearing loss, distressing tinnitus and balance disorders.
Our audiology staff provide a range of support at clinics across Dorset, including hearing assessments, hearing aid fittings, follow-ups and repairs, tinnitus counselling and balance assessment/treatment.
We also run specialist clinics for children, adults with learning disabilities and people with particularly distressing symptoms of tinnitus or vertigo.
In addition to our staff, we have trained volunteers who can visit people in their own homes and in day centres to provide help with using hearing aids.
If you, or a loved one, would like to access the audiology service, please speak to your GP. You may wish to access the telephone hearing test as a screening procedure prior to referral.
If you are an existing hearing aid user who has significant concerns about hearing deterioration, please visit one of our walk-in clinics (in Boscombe or Poole) to have your hearing aids checked and to discuss this with an audiologist.
Exercises and manoeuvres
Where to access the service:
- Hearing aid assessment appointment
- Hearing aid fitting appointment
- Your baby’s visit to the Audiology Department
- Transition into the adult service
- Re-tubing an earmould information sheet
- Hearing aid fitting and cleaning information sheet
- Inserting your earmould and hearing aid
- Earmould retubing
- Hearing aid trouble-shooting flowchart for custom mould fitting
- Inserting your thin tube and hearing aid
- Referral via GP
- Telephone Hearing Test