The aim of the intermediate care service is to prevent admission to hospital, support earlier discharges and to support with early rehabilitation. The two teams consist of occupational therapists, physiotherapists, nurses, assistant practitioners and rehabilitation assistants. We also have full access to a wider medical team including consultants and advanced clinical practitioners.
Service delivery area
- Poole Intermediate Care,
- Christchurch Intermediate Care
- Bournemouth Intermediate Care
What functions,treatment and therapies are offered?
- Prevent admissions to hospital whenever possible
- Support a timely and early discharge from hospital (Discharge to assess)
- To provide early stages of rehabilitation following an acute episode.
Who can I contact to find out more?
01202 705533 (Christchurch and Bournemouth) Kings Park Hospital
01202 307695 (Poole) Alderney Hospital
Our services cover 8am till 8pm, 365 days a year.
Where to access the service:
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday 8am-8pm
Open hours: Monday to Sunday, 8am-8pm