Sexual Health Dorset
- two level 3 integrated sexual health hubs based in Bournemouth and Weymouth providing sexual health, contraception, genito-urinary medicine (GUM) and HIV services
- additional satellite clinics for sexual health/GUM in Poole and throughout rural Dorset
- targeted outreach service – young people aged 13-19-years-old or up to 25 if they have a learning disability
- Over the Rainbow – a specialist LBGTQ+ service
- psychosexual medicine
- Dorset Working Women’s Project
- associated clinical services including medtop, cervical screening, prison In-reach
- training to local health care professions, including DFSRH.
Services are delivered in a number of clinics around the county, and we work in partnership with Dorset County Hospital and University Hospitals Dorset.
As long as you are able to attend a clinic, you can contact us directly for an appointment. We also take referrals from GPs, consultants and other health and social care professionals.
More details are available on the Sexual Health Dorset website.
Where to access the service:
How to use a condom correctly
A short film to show the correct way of using a condom to reduce the risk of discomfort and breakage and therefore preventing unwanted pregnancy and STIs