Brain Injury Information

Information about brain injury from Headway UK

Patient stories

I think I have had a brain injury. How can I get help?

People with a confirmed diagnosis of a newly acquired brain injury are usually referred to ABIRS by their GP or the brain injury consultant straight away. If you have hurt your head and have concerns about the health of your brain, it is best to talk to your GP first and discuss if a referral to the brain injury consultant or ABIRS would be helpful for you.

If you have had a brain injury in the past and would like further support then you probably find the Headway UK information most useful.

Brain injury education group

The aim of the group is to provide information on the nature and consequences of brain injury and to outline methods to overcome some of the effects of a brain injury.

Click on a page below to explore the relevant section.

Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service